Talking about the ideas in Sunday's message helps us learn and apply God's Truth. Click here for questions to discuss with family and friends.
Men's Breakfast: Men - It Starts at Home
Deadline to register is THIS SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2015.
All men are invited to breakfast at Carmel on Saturday, February 7 from 8:00 - 9:30am. You will be challenged and equipped to lead, love, and serve. We will hear from Pastor Alex and others as we commit to be men of prayer. The cost is $5 per person. Breakfast will be catered by The Flying Biscuit and will include scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, grits, oven roasted potatoes, fruit and biscuits. Click here to register.
Mosaic - Style With Love
Carmel is excited and blessed to be a part of a ministry called "Mosaic - Style With Love." Our goal is to minister to the many foster children here in our city by creating a store that provides these children not just with NEW clothing, but more importantly, with a VIP experience to encourage them and show them they are important, loved and special. It is our hope and prayer to plant a mustard seed that will carry on throughout their lives.
There is much to be done before the store opens for operation on March 2, 2015. Between now and then we will be collecting NEW clothes with tags attached for children ages Newborn through 18 (both girl and boy) and setting up teams to help sort and display. Our goal is to have collection items on campus and sorted by February 26 so we can be prepared to open on March 2. Please help us reach this goal by bringing in your donations as soon as possible.
If you would like to help, please consider one, or both, of the following:
- Purchase NEW clothes with tags attached for children ages Newborn through 18 (both girl and boy). We are collecting:
- Clothes (including shirts, pants, lightweight jackets, pajamas, packaged socks, packaged underwear)
- Other Accessories
- NOTE: When purchasing clothes on hangers, please ask to keep them on the hanger if possible.
- DROP OFF: At the present time you are able to drop off your donation of NEW children's clothes at Carmel. Look for the Mosaic store display located to the left of the main church doors.
Volunteer to sort the new clothes during the morning hours. All sorting will take place on Carmel's campus. To sign up, click here.
If you have questions about anything please email Kris Shields. We appreciate your help and we pray that many children will be blessed through this ministry.
Love and Serve Our Neighbors Opportunity: Joyful Hearts Club - Friday, February 13
We are still in need of about 40 more volunteers! Please consider joining us in serving our Joy "Special Needs" Ministry on Friday, February 13, from 6:30 - 9:30pm in the Gym when Carmel hosts its 4th Joyful Hearts Club - a Valentine's Day themed evening of food, dancing, crafts and fun! This evening of fellowship is an opportunity for parents and caregivers to have a night out too. If you are interested in serving as a volunteer for the evening, click here.
Save the Date - Upcoming Events for 2015
- Joy Prom 2015
- Joy Prom is a full scale prom for individuals with special needs. Over 800 guests with special needs will enjoy a walk down the red carpet, dancing, pictures, desserts... and much more! Mark your calendar for April 24 & 25, 2015. Over 1500 volunteers are needed to help make this event possible. Volunteers should be in 7th grade and older. Required volunteer training sessions are available on either April 19 or April 22.
- Volunteer Registration begins on February 1.
- Participant Registration opens on April 1, 2015. More details to come!
- 2015 Life In Christ Conference
- Mark your calendars now for the 2015 Life in Christ Conference on March 7, 2015.
- We are excited to have Jon Acuff as our guest speaker. Jon Acuff is a well-known speaker and New York Times Bestselling Author of four books, but perhaps his favorite title is grandson of our very own Betty Acuff. Be on the look out for more details.
- Registration begins on February 1.
- To make this year’s conference a success, we need your help! If you would like to volunteer to help with greeting participants, registration, snack station set up/serving, or lunch Set-up, click here to sign up!
Cuba Mission Trip Information Meeting
Carmel will send a mission team to Santiago, Cuba either June 11 - 19 or June 18 - 26 as we try to accommodate student schedules. Come and be witnesses to the movement and changes occurring in Cuba for God's kingdom. The team will be engaged in various ministries in Cuba such as the retirement home, farm ministry and youth ministries. Students and families are encouraged to participate. For further information, plan to attend an information meeting on Wednesday, January 28 at 7:00pm in the Conference Room or contact Peter Cordero at 704-771-6864 or
Fuel Student Ministry - Join Us Saturday, January 31!
- Father/Son Dodgeball for 11th & 12th Grade Guys is Saturday, January 31, 3:00pm-5:00pm at Carmel in the Gym. Dad's are welcome and be sure to invite your friends too. We always have a blast at this event. You do not have to register - just show up! We are looking forward to seeing you there!
- Mother & Daughter Pancake Breakfast for 11th & 12th Grade Girls and their mothers is Saturday, January 31, 9:30 - 11:00am in the Uptown Auditorium. Come and enjoy fellowship and all-you-can-eat pancakes! Register online at carmelstudents.org. There is no cost to register - just bring yourselves!
Carmel Band & Orchestra Auditions - Tuesday, January 27!
We are holding open auditions for all instrumentalists on Tuesday, January 27 from 6:30 – 8:30pm in the Worship Center. You can drop in any time between 6:30 and 8:30pm. Auditions are open to those high school age and older. Some experience is required. Click here for specific audition requirements. If you have questions about the audition, please contact Tina at .
2015-2016 WEE School Registration
It's time to register for the 2015-2016 WEE School year. WEE School is designed to meet the needs of babies through TK (Transitional Kindergarten). Our school day runs from 9:00am - 1:00pm with programs varying from 1 to 5 days. Carmel Baptist family members have priority status and can register first. To take advantage of early registration, all paperwork must be turned in on February 1, 2 or 3 to be guaranteed a spot. Registration packets and forms are available at the Preschool desks (both ground floor and main floor). Tours are given daily from 9:30- 12:30. If you have questions, stop by either Preschool desk, email Cindi at or call us at 704-849-9723, opt 1.
Daughters of the King Prayer Gathering
Do you ever feel too busy, too tired, or too distracted to pray? Are you unsure how to pray or fearful to pray aloud in a group? You are not alone!
All women of Carmel are invited to join together for regular, informal prayer gatherings to help us overcome some of these fears and doubts and learn more about prayer. Join Carmel's Daughters of the King, fellow women seeking to grow in the area of prayer, in the Carmel Prayer Room for one of our prayer gatherings:
- Weekly Morning Gathering - Every Thursday from 11:45am -12:45pm beginning Thursday, February 5
- Monthly Evening Gathering - Every 3rd Thursday from 7:00pm - 8:00pm beginning Thursday, March 17
No need to sign up! Just come with an expectant and teachable heart!
New to Carmel? “The Bridge” is for You!
“The Bridge” is a Sunday morning class for those who are new to Carmel and are interested in learning more about the church, the Bible, and how to get more connected at Carmel. The class consists of six sessions taught by Pastor Jay Hancock and meets at 9:30am starting February 8 in room A243. Jump in any Sunday. Learn more about “The Bridge” at the NextStep Reception.
Carmel Home Educators
The Carmel Home Educators exists to glorify God and to offer mutual support, encouragement, and opportunities for fun and educational fellowship to home educators affiliated with Carmel Baptist Church. If you are currently home schooling, or considering this option for the upcoming year, and would like to be a part of our group or for more information email us at .
Celebrate Milestone 1 - Parent Child Dedication With Us on Sunday, February 8
We will be celebrating Milestone 1, Parent Child Dedication, on Sunday, February 8 in our Worship Services. This event is designed to encourage parents as they celebrate this special First Milestone with family, friends and the Carmel Family and commit to be the primary disciple makers in their homes.
The Elder Body of Carmel Baptist Church oversees the worship, fellowship, witness, education, mission and ministry of the church and shepherds the church body in all decision-making matters. Between February 1 and 22, church members may submit Elder nominations by paper ballot at the Welcome Center or online at www.carmelleader.org. Qualifications and additional Elder Body information can be found on the ballots and online. Our newest Elders started their term of service on January 1; however, in an effort to align the elder terms with the current fiscal year, we will present new nominees to the church at the Quarterly Business Meeting on May 20 for service starting August 1.
You can sign up to receive emails from Carmel, one from Pastor Alex, the Carmel ENews with updates about the latest events, Table Talk and occasional special updates. To receive Carmel Email, please complete this form.
Carmel Community is the place where you can find phone numbers and email addresses for Carmel Baptist members and attenders. It is an online version of the old church directory - much improved. This is a secure site where you can easily search for contact information for members of the Carmel Family. Plus, in Carmel Community it’s easy to update your church records with a new phone number, email address or a family photo! In addition to serving as an online directory, Carmel Community also provides event registration and online giving options. It is a one-stop-shop! Check it out here.
Like us on Facebook
Connect to the Carmel Family on Facebook. Go to www.facebook.com/carmelbaptist
Wednesday Night Schedule - January 28
4:45 - 6:00pm - Family Night Supper
6:15 - 7:30 - GROW for Preschoolers
Kidjam for CarmelKidz
MS FUEL - Gym
VISTA Bible Study - The Loft
Journey Through Church History - Worship Center