Talking about the ideas in Sunday's message helps us learn and apply God's Truth. Click here for questions to discuss with family and friends.
New to Carmel? “The Bridge” is for You
“The Bridge” is a Sunday morning class for those who are new to Carmel and are interested in learning more about the church, the Bible, and how to get more connected at Carmel. The class consists of six sessions taught by Pastor Jay Hancock and meets at 11:00am from April 12 to May 17 in room A243. Come as you are and join in any Sunday. Learn more about “The Bridge” at the NextStep Reception or any Welcome Desk.
Mosaic - Style With Love Opens Thursday!
On Thursday, April 16 the Mosaic Style with Love store will open to serve area foster children with free, new clothing and shoes. There are three ways to support this effort:.
- PRAY: Please join us in praying these prayer points over the next ten days.
DONATE: Purchase NEW clothes with tags attached for children ages Newborn through 18 (both girl and boy).
- The store is in particular need of underwear, pajamas, and shorts/T-shirts (sizes Youth 12 through adult medium), as well as sandals/flip flops for teens. To drop off donations, contact Kris Shields.
- To make a financial donation to the store, make checks payable to Carmel Baptist Church (memo line: Mosaic Store).
- VOLUNTEER: Volunteers make this store possible! Interested in serving in this way? Contact Kris Shields and make plans to help with last minute pre-Grand Opening details on Monday, April 13 from 10:00am - 12:00pm at the store.
We appreciate your help and we pray that many children will be blessed through this ministry.
Joy Prom 2015 - Friday, April 24 & Saturday, April 25
Each night, special needs guests will walk the red carpet and enjoy dancing, pictures, dessert and more.
- Volunteers must be 7th grade or older and are required to attend a training session on either April 19 or April 22. At training, volunteers will submit a Screening Form and be issued a ticket confirming they have completed training. This ticket MUST be brought the evening serving at Joy Prom.
- Joy Prom Volunteers: Currently all volunteer opportunities for Joy Prom 2015 are full with the exception of the role of the male host for both evenings. If you are able to fulfill this role, please register here.
- Not able to serve that night?
- Donate Costume Jewelry: One of the favorite rooms at Joy Prom is the Glitz & Glamour Room. Here our special guests enjoy lip gloss, glitter hair spray, shoe shines and more. If you have costume jewelry (new or gently used) that you would like to donate, you can drop it off at the Joy Prom table in the Gathering Space!The sparklier the better!
- Click here for more information.
Consider Serving with Our Starting Point Ministry
Through the Starting Point Ministry we are making disciples by connecting people to Carmel - from the parking lot through greeting, welcoming, guiding and informing guests and members. All current Starting Point team members and anyone interested in serving are invited to a Luncheon on April 19 following the 11:00amWorship Service. Click here to make your reservation - deadline is Wednesday, April 15.
Save the Date - Carmel Mile Opening Soon!
At Carmel, we desire to Love and Serve our Neighbors. One way we do that is through prayer. Next Sunday we will officially introduce the Carmel Mile - a one-mile trail around the perimeter of our campus designed to guide an individual or group in specific prayer for our Neighbors. The inaugural prayer focus for the Carmel Mile is the Town of Matthews. Help celebrate this unique prayer tool in two ways:
- Sunday, April 26: Step outside for a short presentation and prayer at the starting point of the Carmel Mile (the grassy area just outside the Worship Center Welcome Desk) during one of the following times: 9:30-9:45am, 10:30-10:40am, 11:00-11:10am, 11:55am-12:05pm.
- Saturday, May 2 @ 10:00am: Wear your walking or hiking shoes as we officially open the Carmel Mile with a ribbon cutting and prayer walk.
For more details and to sign up, click here.
Daughters of the King Prayer Gathering
Do you ever feel too busy, too tired, or too distracted to pray? Are you unsure how to pray or fearful to pray aloud in a group? You are not alone!
All women of Carmel are invited to join together for regular, informal prayer gatherings to help us overcome some of these fears and doubts and learn more about prayer. Join Carmel's Daughters of the King, fellow women seeking to grow in the area of prayer, in the Carmel Prayer Room for one of our prayer gatherings:
- Thursdays from 11:45am -12:45pm
- Every 3rd Tuesday from 7:00pm - 8:00pm
No need to sign up! Just come with an expectant and teachable heart!
Lois Bumpus Mission Trip Scholarships Available
Lois Bumpus was a Carmel member with a passion for seeing young men and women serving as missionaries. Watch this video to learn for more about how the Bumpus family has honored Lois’ legacy by providing scholarships to young adults (age 16 to 26 years) who are members of Carmel and participating in Carmel-sponsored missionary work across the globe.
For additional information about this scholarship and to complete an application, click here.
Upcoming VISTA Event
Are you 55+ years old? Come enjoy fellowship with the Carmel Family with VISTA! Plug in at this upcoming event:
- Hymn Sing at The Cove: Enjoy a day trip to The Cove on Tuesday, May 12 for “SeniorSalt Impact Hymn Sing,” a wonderful opportunity for senior adults to gather for a morning of worship and fellowship. Centered around the joyful singing of beloved traditional hymns and choruses, the morning program will also include inspiring Scripture passages and interesting stories behind some of our favorite songs. Lunch and a tour of the chapel will follow. Cost is $45 per person (includes ticket, lunch, tour & round-trip transportation).
To register, click here or contact Robin at or 704-847-8575.
Carmel Summer Happenings for Kids
Warmer weather have you thinking about summer? It is only ten weeks away! Don’t miss out on the great summer happenings available to Carmel kids of all ages.
- June Day Camps: Looking for a morning adventure for your child age 2 through Kindergarten? During the month of June, the WEE School offers 18 different themed morning camps. Each camp costs $30. Pick up a camp brochure at either preschool desk. Registration is now open.
- Amazing Journey Back to Bible Times: Children ages 3 years through 2nd Grade will enjoy 4 day of fun, fast-paced, hands-on learning as they visit Egypt and follow the steps of Joseph and the Israelites in Exodus. Amazing Journey Back to Bible Times (Carmel’s one-of-a-kind take on Vacation Bible School) is June 22-25 from 9am - 12pm and offered at no cost to the Carmel Family & community. Online registration is now open. To learn more, click here.
- July - Mother's Morning Out: Mother’s Morning Out (MMO) is a summer WEE School experience designed for children ages birth through completed kindergarten. MMO runs the month of July (Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays) from 9:30am - 1:00pm. This 3-day a week program runs for 5 weeks and costs $375. Registration is now open. To learn more, click here.
- FUEL: Students 7th - 12th: Step out of your summer routine July 20-24 for life-changing adventure at Carmel’s ECamp at Crowder’s Ridge. Register here.
- CCS Summer Adventure Camp: Carmel Christian School offers Summer Adventure Camp from June 1 - August 4. This camp is open to the public and known for providing an excellent day camp experience that includes half-day Academic, Enrichment, and Sports camps. Campers must be rising kindergartners through 12th Grade to participate. Extended Day options that include Before Camp Care, Extended Day and Late Extended Day are also available. To learn more, click here.
Save the Date - 2015 Parent Summit
Mark your calendars now for our next equipping Saturday - the 2015 Parent Summit is Saturday, September 12 featuring guest speaker Dr. Rob Reinow, author and founder of Visionary Family Ministries. More details to come!
Please help us with the congestion in our parking lot by parking at Elizabeth Lane Elementary and riding our shuttle bus. You will be picked up right by your car and dropped off at the front door. The shuttle runs from 7:15am to 8:15am, and then continually from 9:00am to 12:45pm. Elizabeth Lane Elementary is located at 121 Elizabeth Lane, Matthews, NC 28105. Click here for directions.
You can sign up to receive emails from Carmel, one from Pastor Alex, the Carmel ENews with updates about the latest events, Table Talk and occasional special updates. To receive Carmel Email, please complete this form.
Carmel Community is the place where you can find phone numbers and email addresses for Carmel Baptist members and attenders. It is an online version of the old church directory - much improved. This is a secure site where you can easily search for contact information for members of the Carmel Family. Plus, in Carmel Community it’s easy to update your church records with a new phone number, email address or a family photo! In addition to serving as an online directory, Carmel Community also provides event registration and online giving options. It is a one-stop-shop! Check it out here.
Like us on Facebook
Connect to the Carmel Family on Facebook. Go to www.facebook.com/carmelbaptist
Wednesday Night Schedule - April 15
4:45 - 6:00pm - Wednesday Night Family Supper
6:15 - 7:30pm - GROW for Preschoolers
Kidjam for CarmelKidz - Uptown
MS FUEL - Gym
VISTA Bible Study - The Loft
Journey Through Church History - Worship Center
Click here for the Wednesday Night Family Supper Menu.