Talking about the ideas in Sunday's message helps us learn and apply God's Truth. Click here for questions to discuss with family and friends.
Good Friday - Tenebrae Services: All Tickets Claimed
All 800 tickets for the two Good Friday services have been claimed. If you picked up tickets but your plans change, please return the tickets to the Welcome Desk. Returned tickets will be available on a first come, first serve basis.
Resurrection Weekend Worship Services
Our hope is anything but wishful thinking. Hebrews 6:19 describes our hope as a "sure and steadfast anchor for our souls." That's good news when the waters of life get a little choppy and unsettled. The resurrection of Jesus Christ gives us a strong hope for today as well as tomorrow. Celebrate the truth of Hope at one of four services:
- Saturday, April 4 at 5:00pm
- Sunday, April 5 at 8:00, 9:30 and 11:00am
There will be no Discipleship Communities on Sunday, April 5. Preschool classes, birth – 5, will be provided for all services (Saturday and Sunday).
Prayer Gathering with Pastor Alex - Wednesday, April 1
Pastor Alex invites you to join him for a prayer gathering in the Worship Center at 6:15pm on Wednesday, April 1. The regular Bible Journey study will not meet this Wednesday due to FamJam. So, we are taking this opportunity to bring together our VISTA Bible participants and Bible Journey participants who will not be attending FamJam with their children for this special time of intercession.
CarmelKidz Famjam is Wednesday!
Famjam - a shared experience for parents and children (1st - 6th grade) is this coming Wednesday night, April 1. Come join the Famjam gang at 6:15 in Uptown Auditorum for a evening focused on the Life Application of Peace and the truth that when God sent Jesus, He proved He cared for us.
New to Carmel? “The Bridge” is for You - Starts April 12
“The Bridge” is a Sunday morning class for those who are new to Carmel and are interested in learning more about the church, the Bible, and how to get more connected at Carmel. The class consists of six sessions taught by Pastor Jay Hancock and meets at 11:00am starting April 12th in room A243. Come as you are and join in any Sunday. Learn more about “The Bridge” at the NextStep Reception or any Welcome Desk.
Joy Prom 2015 - Friday, April 24 & Saturday, April 25
Each night, special needs guests will walk the red carpet and enjoy dancing, pictures, dessert and more. Will you be one of the 1,500 volunteers who make this event a success? Volunteers must be 7th grade or older and are required to attend a training session on either April 19 or April 22.
- Joy Prom Volunteers: 450 Joy Prom Volunteers are still needed! Thanks to the 1,052 already signed up to serve! We will close off volunteer registration once we reach capacity. Make sure you get registered so you do not miss out! You can volunteer one or both nights. Click here for volunteer registration.
- Not able to serve that night?
- Donate Costume Jewelry: One of the favorite rooms at Joy Prom is the Glitz & Glamour Room. Here our special guests enjoy lip gloss, glitter hair spray, shoe shines and more. If you have costume jewelry (new or gently used) that you would like to donate, you can drop it off at the Joy Prom table in the Gathering Space beginning this Sunday!The sparklier the better!
- Participant Registration opens on April 1, 2015.
Carmel Summer Happenings for Kids
Warmer weather have you thinking about summer? It is only ten weeks away! Don’t miss out on the great summer happenings available to Carmel kids of all ages.
- June Day Camps: Looking for a morning adventure for your child age 2 through Kindergarten? During the month of June, the WEE School offers 18 different themed morning camps. Each camp costs $30. Pick up a camp brochure at either preschool desk. Registration is now open.
- Amazing Journey Back to Bible Times: Children ages 3 years through 2nd Grade will enjoy 4 day of fun, fast-paced, hands-on learning as they visit Egypt and follow the steps of Joseph and the Israelites in Exodus. Amazing Journey Back to Bible Times (Carmel’s one-of-a-kind take on Vacation Bible School) is June 22-25 from 9am - 12pm and offered at no cost to the Carmel Family & community. Online registration begins Wednesday, April 15.
- July - Mothers Morning Out: Mother’s Morning Out (MMO) is a summer WEE School experience designed for children ages birth through completed kindergarten. MMO runs the month of July (Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays) from 9am - 1pm. This 3-day a week program runs for 5 weeks and costs $375. Online registration begins March 30.
- FUEL: Students 7th - 12th: Step out of your summer routine July 20-24 for life-changing adventure at Carmel’s ECamp at Crowder’s Ridge. Register here before April 1st and save $35.
- CCS Summer Adventure Camps: Carmel Christian School offers Summer Adventures Camp from June 1 - August 4. This camp is open to the public and known for providing an excellent day camp experience that includes half-day Academic, Enrichment, and Sports camps. Campers must be rising kindergartners through 12th Grade to participate. Extended Day options that include Before Camp Care, Extended Day and Late Extended Day are also available. To learn more, click here.
Upcoming VISTA Events
Are you 55+ years old? Come enjoy fellowship with the Carmel Family with VISTA! Plug in to one of these upcoming events:
- April Luncheon: Join us this Thursday, April 19 at 11:30am in the Loft for lunch and Senior Olympics. Cost is $5 per person and registrations must be received by April 2.
- Hymn Sing at The Cove: Enjoy a day trip to The Cove on Tuesday, May 12 for “SeniorSalt Impact Hymn Sing,” a wonderful opportunity for senior adults to gather for a morning of worship and fellowship. Centered around the joyful singing of beloved traditional hymns and choruses, the morning program will also include inspiring Scripture passages and interesting stories behind some of our favorite songs. Lunch and a tour of the chapel will follow. Cost is $45 per person (includes ticket, lunch, tour & round-trip transportation).
To register for either of these events, click here or contact Robin at or 704-847-8575.
Mosaic - Style With Love
Carmel is excited and blessed to be a part of a ministry called "Mosaic - Style With Love." Our goal is to minister to the many foster children here in our city by creating a store that provides these children not just with NEW clothing, but more importantly, with a VIP experience to encourage them and show them they are important, loved and special. It is our hope and prayer to plant a mustard seed that will carry on throughout their lives.
There is much to be done before the store opens for operation on April 17, 2015. Between now and then we will be collecting NEW clothes with tags attached for children ages Newborn through 18 (both girl and boy) and setting up teams to help sort and display.
If you would like to help, please consider one, or both, of the following:
- Purchase NEW clothes with tags attached for children ages Newborn through 18 (both girl and boy). We are collecting shoes, all clothing types (including shirts, pants, lightweight jackets, pajamas, packaged socks, packaged underwear), jewelry and other accessories. NOTE: When purchasing clothes on hangers, please ask to keep them on the hanger if possible.
- UPDATED DROP OFF LOCATION: Please drop off all donation items in the alcove under the stairs closest to WEE school. Look for the Mosaic store display.
- IMPORTANT DONATION NEEDS: In particular, we need the following items to fill the store and ensure children of all ages get their VIP experience:
- Boys clothes of all sizes
- Tennis shoes of all sizes
- Jeans of all sizes
Volunteer to sort the new clothes during the morning hours. All sorting will take place on Carmel's campus. To sign up, click here.
If you have questions about anything please email Kris Shields. We appreciate your help and we pray that many children will be blessed through this ministry.
Daughters of the King Prayer Gathering
Do you ever feel too busy, too tired, or too distracted to pray? Are you unsure how to pray or fearful to pray aloud in a group? You are not alone!
All women of Carmel are invited to join together for regular, informal prayer gatherings to help us overcome some of these fears and doubts and learn more about prayer. Join Carmel's Daughters of the King, fellow women seeking to grow in the area of prayer, in the Carmel Prayer Room for one of our prayer gatherings:
- Thursdays from 11:45am -12:45pm
- Every 3rd Tuesday from 7:00pm - 8:00pm
No need to sign up! Just come with an expectant and teachable heart!
Save the Date - 2015 Parent Summit
Mark your calendars now for our next equipping Saturday - the 2015 Parent Summit is Saturday, September 12 featuring guest speaker Dr. Rob Reinow, author and founder of Visionary Family Ministries. More details to come!
Please help us with the congestion in our parking lot by parking at Elizabeth Lane Elementary and riding our shuttle bus. You will be picked up right by your car and dropped off at the front door. The shuttle runs from 7:15am to 8:15am, and then continually from 9:00am to 12:45pm. Elizabeth Lane Elementary is located at 121 Elizabeth Lane, Matthews, NC 28105. Click here for directions.
You can sign up to receive emails from Carmel, one from Pastor Alex, the Carmel ENews with updates about the latest events, Table Talk and occasional special updates. To receive Carmel Email, please complete this form.
Carmel Community is the place where you can find phone numbers and email addresses for Carmel Baptist members and attenders. It is an online version of the old church directory - much improved. This is a secure site where you can easily search for contact information for members of the Carmel Family. Plus, in Carmel Community it’s easy to update your church records with a new phone number, email address or a family photo! In addition to serving as an online directory, Carmel Community also provides event registration and online giving options. It is a one-stop-shop! Check it out here.
Like us on Facebook
Connect to the Carmel Family on Facebook. Go to www.facebook.com/carmelbaptist
Wednesday Night Schedule - April 1
4:45 - 6:00pm - Family Night Supper
6:15 - 7:30pm - GROW for Preschoolers
Famjam for CarmelKidz
MS FUEL - Gym
Monthly Prayer Gathering with Pastor Alex - Worship Center