A Brief History
The Carmel Baptist Chinese Ministry was founded in 2000 by Pastor and Mrs. Lee. It has grown from a dozen members to well over 150 attendees in the regular Sunday Chinese worship service. The Chinese Ministry hosts various Chinese culture activities and events throughout the year, such as a Chinese language academy and a Chinese New Year celebration. All these are done with a passionate desire to share the love of Christ and His Good News.
We also meet in various groups during the week for Bible study, prayer, and fellowship. Friday evening is an important evening as many of our groups meet at Carmel's church site. The youth group meets during this Friday evening time slot for fellowship and Bible teaching.
We are in the process of expanding our English-speaking ministries for our children, youth, and adults. We hope to have a Sunday Discipleship Community at 9:30AM soon, to be followed in the coming months by a regular weekly Sunday worship service for English speakers.
If you are looking to join a church with a Chinese or Asian flavor or are just looking to find out more about Jesus Christ, please come join us at any of our meetings. Or, if you'd prefer, just contact one of our pastors or leaders to chat.
For More Info
For more detailed information about the Chinese-speaking ministry, come visit our website at www.charlottechinese.org
You can also contact our Chinese Pastor Haohsin Huang at
Or contact our English Pastor Walton Yuen at
Change of Worship venue
Worship place will be changed to Uptown Auditorium Starting from October 5, 2014.
Back to School Lock In (Aug 2014)
A Back to School Lock In for Chinese Ministry Students was held on Friday, August 15 and Saturday, August 16. We had over 90 people join us during the day! It was a great start for Pastor Walton as he builds relationships within the Chinese ministry! Click here for pictures from the event.
Two New Chinese Pastors (Summer 2014)
The Chinese Ministry is proud to announce it has called Pastor Haohsin Huang to be the new pastor of the Chinese congregation at Carmel.
In additional news, the Chinese Ministry is also proud to announce it has called Pastor Walton Yuen to the new position of Chinese Ministry Associate Pastor. In this post, Pastor Yuen will focus his ministry on American Born Chinese (ABCs), both youth and adult.
To learn more about these new pastors, click here.
Pastor Haohsin Huang has accepted Carmel's call to serve as Chinese Pastor effective September 1, 2014. On Sunday, July 13, he preached at the Chinese worship service. He and his wife, Won-Chin, will also be available in the Gathering Space between services to meet the Carmel Family.
REGULAR MINISTRY ACTIVITIES
1. Adult Chinese Sunday School: Sunday 9:30am in room C102, C103, C104, C105, C106.
2. Sunday Chinese Worship Service (Translation available): 11:00am in the Gym.
3. Prayer meeting:7:30pm at Vickie Wang's house; Wednesday 7:30pm at Qiuming Wei's house.
4. Evergreen Fellowship: Wednesday 10:00am at room U221/222.
5. Women's Fellowship: Thursday 10:30am at Carmel Room.
6. Friday Bible Study : Worship at 7:30pm in the Loft; Bible Study at 8:00pm in class rooms.
7. Youth Group (in English) : Fridays 7:30PM in the Choir room at Carmel
8. Children's Friday Group (in English) : Fridays 7:30 in Uptown Room at Carmel
• LIFE Bible study Group (in English): 2nd + 4th Saturdays 5:30PM at various homes (see Dan Yen)
• Asian American Fellowship (in English): 1st + 3rd Saturdays 5:30 at Carmel Room at Carmel (see Jenny Chen)
Our Chinese School 中文学校
Sunny Exercise 阳光赞美健身团契
Friday Adult and Children Bible Study 周五成人及儿童查经班
Yanyan Yang - Chinese Ministry Assistant - Email
Daniel Yen - English Adult Ministry - Email
Rose Yen - Youth Ministry - Email
Sylvia Roan - Children's Ministry - Email
Jenny Chen - Asian Americans Fellowship - Email
For more information, contact Yanyan Yang at 704.847.8575 x 3069