A Brief History
The Carmel Baptist Chinese Ministry was founded in 2000. Today, it has grown from a dozen members to well over 150 attendees in the regular Sunday Chinese worship service, which is led by Chinese Pastor Haohsin Huang. The Chinese Ministry hosts various Chinese culture activities and events throughout the year, such as a Chinese language academy and a Chinese New Year celebration. All these are done with a passionate desire to share the love of Christ and His Good News.
We also meet in various groups during the week for Bible study, prayer, and fellowship. Friday evening is an important evening as many of our groups meet at Carmel's church site. The youth group meets during this Friday evening time slot for fellowship and Bible teaching.
We are in the process of expanding our English-speaking ministries for children, youth, and adults, under the leadership of English Pastor Walton Yuen. Currently, we have a Sunday morning Asian Community Discipleship Community at 9:15-10:30AM and hope to provide a regular weekly Sunday worship service in September 2015.
If you are looking to join a church with a Chinese or Asian flavor or are just looking to find out more about Jesus Christ, please come join us at any of our meetings. Or, if you'd prefer, just contact one of our pastors or leaders to chat.
For More Info
FOR CHINESE SPEAKERS: For more detailed information about the Chinese-speaking ministry, come visit our website at www.charlottechinese.org
You can also contact our Chinese Pastor Haohsin Huang at
FOR ENGLISH SPEAKERS: To view the English-based Media archives of teachings and messages for Carmel's Asian-American Discipleship Community, please visit this page: AADC Media Archive
Or contact our English Pastor Walton Yuen at or at 512-554-7979
FUSE Youth group (July 3rd 2015).
Normally our FUSE youth group meets every Friday 7:30-9PM.
But because of the July 4th weekend, all Carmel buildings will be closed on Friday and Saturday. So, there will be NO FUSE meeting for the youth on Friday July 3rd.
We will pick up our regularly scheduled meetings on Friday July 10th. Our theme for the summer is "Castaways" which looks at God's heart for those who are tossed aside and forgotten by society. We will be serving over the summer various groups: the elderly, refugees, the homeless, and orphans.
If you have any more questions, contact Pastor Walton at 512-554-7979. Thanks!
Asian American Discipleship Community during the Summer (Summer 2015).
Over the summer, the AADC will be meeting at 9:15AM-10:30AM at the ROC gym (instead of our normal location Uptown Auditorium). We are currently studying the epistles of Paul together.
We encourage all English-speakers to join the main Carmel congregation in the Main sanctuary for worship, either at 8:00 or 11AM. There is still a potluck lunch at 12:15PM in the gym for those who want to fellowship with the Asian community.
Change of Chinese-language Worship venue
Worship for the Mandarin-speaking Chinese will be changed to ROC gym 11AM - 12:30PM starting from June 2014 until Sunday August 23, 2015. On 8/23/15 we will return to Uptown Auditorium for the Mandarin Worship service.
REGULAR MINISTRY ACTIVITIES
Chinese Weekly Meetings
1. Adult Chinese Sunday School: Sunday 9:30am in room C102, C103, C104, C105, C106.
2. Sunday Chinese Adults Worship Service (Translation available): 11:00am in the Gym.
3. Prayer meeting: 7:30pm at Vickie Wang's house; Wednesday 7:30pm at Qiuming Wei's house.
4. Evergreen Fellowship: Wednesday 10:00am at room U221/222 on the Carmel campus.
5. Women's Fellowship: Thursday 10:30am at Carmel Room.
6. Friday Bible Study: Worship at 7:30pm in the Loft; Bible Study at 8:00pm in class rooms.
English Regular Meetings
• LIFE Bible study Group (in English, for families): 2nd + 4th Saturdays 5:30PM-8:30PM at various homes (see Dan Yen)
• Asian American Fellowship (in English, for families): 1st + 3rd Fridays 6:30-9:00PM in various homes - Off for the summer, restarting in late August (see Jenny Chen)
• English-based Prayer Meeting (for all ages): Every other Thursday at Pastor Walton's home
• Youth Group (in English, for youth 6th-12th grade) : Fridays 7:30PM-9PM in the Choir room at Carmel
• Children's Friday Group (in English, for K-5th grade) : Fridays 7:30-9PM in Uptown Auditorium at Carmel
• Sunday Children's Church, Youth-led program (for K-5th grade): Sundays 9:30-10:30AM in the Christian School Middle School Building, Rooms C100 and C101
Our Chinese School 中文学校
Sunny Exercise 阳光赞美健身团契
Friday Adult and Children Bible Study 周五成人及儿童查经班
Yanyan Yang - Chinese Ministry Assistant - Email
Daniel Yen - English Adult Ministry - Email
Rose Yen - Youth Ministry - Email
Walton Yuen - Children's Ministries - Email
Jenny Chen - Asian Americans Fellowship - Email
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT Ministry Assistant Yanyan Yang at 704.847.8575 x 3069
OR Chinese-language Pastor Haohsin Huang at
OR English-language Pastor Walton Yuen at or 512-554-7979