A Brief History
The Carmel Baptist Chinese Ministry was founded in 2000 by Pastor and Mrs. David Lee. Today, it has grown from a dozen members to well over 150 attendees in the regular Sunday Chinese worship service, which is led by Chinese Pastor Haohsin Huang. The Chinese Ministry hosts various Chinese culture activities and events throughout the year, such as a Chinese language academy and a Chinese New Year celebration. All these are done with a passionate desire to share the love of Christ and His Good News.
We also meet in various groups during the week for Bible study, prayer, and fellowship. Friday evening is an important evening as many of our groups meet at Carmel's church site. The youth group meets during this Friday evening time slot for fellowship and Bible teaching.
We are in the process of expanding our English-speaking ministries for children, youth, and adults, under the leadership of English Pastor Walton Yuen. Currently, we have a Sunday morning Asian Community Discipleship Community at 9:30am and hope to provide a regular weekly Sunday worship service in the future.
If you are looking to join a church with a Chinese or Asian flavor or are just looking to find out more about Jesus Christ, please come join us at any of our meetings. Or, if you'd prefer, just contact one of our pastors or leaders to chat.
For More Info
FOR CHINESE SPEAKERS: For more detailed information about the Chinese-speaking ministry, come visit our website at www.charlottechinese.org
You can also contact our Chinese Pastor Haohsin Huang at
FOR ENGLISH SPEAKERS: To view the English-based Media archives of teachings and messages for Carmel's Asian-American Discipleship Community, please visit this page: AADC Media Archive
Or contact our English Pastor Walton Yuen at or at 512-554-7979
No Asian American Discipileship Community this Sunday (11/30/14).
Over the Thanksgiving break, there will be no AADC meeting at 9:30AM. Instead, we encourage all English-speakers to join the main Carmel congregation in the big sanctuary downstairs for worship, either at 8:15, 9:30, or 11AM. There is still a potluck lunch at 12:15PM in the gym for those who want to fellowship with the Asian community.
Kickoff of the new Asian-American Discipleship Community on Sunday, Oct 19th, 2014
This new Discipleship Community is meant to be where English-speakers who are connected to the Asian community here at Carmel Baptist can fellowship and grow spiritually deeper together as disciples of Jesus Christ. It is multi-generational, multi-ethnic, and pursues an apprenticeship approach to following our Lord and Savior.
The DC is led by the English-language Pastor Walton Yuen and meets every Sunday at 9:30AM at the Uptown Auditorium (on 2nd floor). Meetings last about 1 hour.
Change of Chinese-language Worship venue
Worship place will be changed to Uptown Auditorium Starting from October 5, 2014.
Back to School Lock In (Aug 2014)
A Back to School Lock In for Chinese Ministry Students was held on Friday, August 15 and Saturday, August 16. We had over 90 people join us during the day! It was a great start for Pastor Walton as he builds relationships within the Chinese ministry! Click here for pictures from the event.
Two New Chinese Pastors (Summer 2014)
The Chinese Ministry is proud to announce it has called Pastor Haohsin Huang to be the new pastor of the Chinese congregation at Carmel.
In additional news, the Chinese Ministry is also proud to announce it has called Pastor Walton Yuen to the new position of Chinese Ministry Associate Pastor. In this post, Pastor Yuen will focus his ministry on American Born Chinese (ABCs), both youth and adult.
To learn more about these new pastors, click here.
Pastor Haohsin Huang has accepted Carmel's call to serve as Chinese Pastor effective September 1, 2014. On Sunday, July 13, he preached at the Chinese worship service. He and his wife, Won-Chin, will also be available in the Gathering Space between services to meet the Carmel Family.
REGULAR MINISTRY ACTIVITIES
Chinese Weekly Meetings
1. Adult Chinese Sunday School: Sunday 9:30am in room C102, C103, C104, C105, C106.
2. Sunday Chinese Adults Worship Service (Translation available): 11:00am in the Gym.
3. Prayer meeting: 7:30pm at Vickie Wang's house; Wednesday 7:30pm at Qiuming Wei's house.
4. Evergreen Fellowship: Wednesday 10:00am at room U221/222 on the Carmel campus.
5. Women's Fellowship: Thursday 10:30am at Carmel Room.
6. Friday Bible Study: Worship at 7:30pm in the Loft; Bible Study at 8:00pm in class rooms.
English Regular Meetings
• LIFE Bible study Group (in English, for families): 2nd + 4th Saturdays 5:30PM-8:30PM at various homes (see Dan Yen)
• Asian American Fellowship (in English, for families): 1st + 3rd Saturdays 5:30-8:30PM at Carmel Room at Carmel (see Jenny Chen)
• English-based Prayer Meeting (for all ages): Every other Thursday at Pastor Walton's home
• Youth Group (in English, for youth 6th-12th grade) : Fridays 7:30PM-9PM in the Choir room at Carmel
• Children's Friday Group (in English, for K-5th grade) : Fridays 7:30-9PM in Uptown Auditorium at Carmel
• Sunday Children's Church, Youth-led program (for K-5th grade): Sundays 9:30-10:30AM in the Christian School Middle School Building, Rooms C100 and C101
Our Chinese School 中文学校
Sunny Exercise 阳光赞美健身团契
Friday Adult and Children Bible Study 周五成人及儿童查经班
Yanyan Yang - Chinese Ministry Assistant - Email
Daniel Yen - English Adult Ministry - Email
Rose Yen - Youth Ministry - Email
Walton Yuen - Children's Ministries - Email
Jenny Chen - Asian Americans Fellowship - Email
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT Ministry Assistant Yanyan Yang at 704.847.8575 x 3069
OR Chinese-language Pastor Haohsin Huang at
OR English-language Pastor Walton Yuen at or 512-554-7979