For our Carmel Serve projects we have worked with our local missions partners to arrange service opportunities for our students. We are trusting that God will use these experiences in the lives of our students to strengthen their faith in Him, as well as their relationships with each other and create a lifestyle of generosity.
These projects are intended to include students from DC as well as C2. Parents are invited as well. The schedule for our service opportunities is as follows:
Jackson Park - 7th Grade
- Details: Minister to families in poverty by serving through facilitation of a cooking contest for the children living onsite. Lunch will be included.
- Date & Time: Saturday, February 18th, 10 AM - 12:30 PM
- Location:5415 Airport Dr, Charlotte, NC 28208
- Point Person: Dennis Kilcoin;
Joyful Hearts/Pregnancy Resource Center - 8th Grade
- Details: Students will help with registration, food, and help guests and other volunteers with the serve project. This is a serve event for Carmel's Special Needs ministry. Families participating can drop off their loved one with a special need, and Carmel staff and volunteers will ensure they have a fun night that includes a Carmel Serve project for a local ministry partner!
- Date & Time: Friday, February 24th, 5:45 PM - 8:30/9 PM
- Location: Carmel Baptist Church, Uptown Auditorium
- Point Person: Jim Bailer;
Project 658 - 9th Grade
- Details: Project 658 is a Christ-centered, holistic ministry providing services for at-risk families, moving them toward sustainability; with a key focus on the international and refugee communities. We will visit a neighborhood served by 658 and engage with families in the area.
- Date & Time: Saturday, February 25th, 10 AM - 12 PM
- Location: 3646 Central Ave., Charlotte, NC 28205
- Point Person: Mark Gott;
Carrington Place - 10th Grade
- Details: Spread joy, make some crafts, and spend time visiting with the residents of Carrington Place Rehabilitation & Living Center. Their primary mission is to provide the highest level of resident care possible with regard for individual resident’s specific medical, social, emotional, and spiritual needs.
- Date & Time: Saturday, February 25, 1:45-3:30PM
- Location: 600 Fullwood Ln., Matthews, NC 28105
- Point Person:
Young Life Capernaum - 11th Grade
- Details: Young Life Capernaum gives young people with intellectual and developmental disabilities the chance to experience fun and adventure, to develop fulfilling friendships and to challenge their limits while building self-esteem. We will participate with one of their clubs by helping organize and serve dinner and visit with the participants.
- Date & Time: Thursday, February 23, 5:35 - 7:30 PM
- Location: Cafeteria at Carmel Baptist Church
- Point Person:
Charlotte Rescue Mission - 12th Grade
- Details: Charlotte Rescue Mission is transforming lives in the name of Christ by serving people struggling with addiction, poverty, or hopelessness, with the goal of returning them to society as productive, self-sufficient citizens. We will serve dessert, play games, and encourage men who are a part of the Rebound addiction recovery program.
- Date & Time: Sunday, February 26, 5:15 - 7:00 PM
- Location: 907 W. 1st St., Charlotte 28202
- Point Person:
In order for these opportunities to be successful, we need the support of our adult leaders. Whether you serve in DC or C2, if you are available to help with the service project of the grade you are leading, please register at the link above.