(updated October 16, 2018)
Carmel is FOR the Carolinas and those impacted by the recent hurriances.
We are actively working with the North Carolina Baptist Disaster Response to mobilize the Carmel Family in the most effective way to aid those impacted by Hurricane Florence. Here's how we can make a difference:
Volunteers are needed in both Eastern North Carolina and Florida to work with NC Baptist Disaster Relief teams.
Recovery work is labor intensive work that includes removing damaged drywall, insulation, trim, carpet and cabinets. This is a critical and time-sensitive step to minimize the growth of mold in flooded homes.
As Lumberton is approximately 2 hours from Charlotte, there is minimal travel time.
Sign up below to SCHEDULE your trip.
- Teenagers can join a recovery project as long as they are with a parent. Background checks will be required for the other team members participating if someone under 18 participates.)
- If you plan to go for just one day, you would leave Charlotte around 5:30am and be home by 9:00pm.
- If you are able to go for 2-5 days, NC Baptist will arrange for you to have lodging and meals at the local host church, at no cost. This is a great way for you to serve with friends too- invite someone from your DC or bible study to join you on the day(s) you serve.
SCHEDULE YOUR TRIP:
Please look at your calendar and complete the form below. Only fill out this form if you know you are able to participate i- this is not a form to express your interest, but rather to schedule the date(s) you will serve.
Once you/ your family/ your team is confirmed, you will receive an email with details confirming the dates, location, other team members (if applicable), and 2 forms which will need to be completed prior to departure.
NC Baptist has been asked to mobilize feeding teams to serve near Mexico Beach, Florida, one of the devastated ares from Hurricane Michael.
As with some of our disaster serve opportunities, the exact details and timing are not yet confirmed but here is what we know:
- The trip would depart within the next 7 days
- The trip would likely be 5-6 days in length
- NCB is chartering a bus from NC to the location for the team.
- 40 volunteers are needed - Carmel is among the churches that will make up the team
- If you think you would be able to participate in this trip, please email Angela Schlottman. We will then connect you with the NC feeding coordinator with the details as they become available.
- This trip will come together fast, so flexibility and quick response is greatly appreciated.
Please let us know if you have any other questions!
Donate through Carmel's Disaster Relief Fund.
100% of your donation to Carmel's Disaster Relief Fund will be allocated to trusted ministries on the ground in the impacted area. Please select "Disaster Relief Fund" when prompted to select a fund.
PLEASE NOTE: Many families want to help by donating various items and supplies. We are working closely with our ministry partners to identify needed items. However for typical disaster relief efforts, the most helpful thing to donate is money, as that help funds all of the on the ground operations and gives flexibility to ministries to purchase exactly what they need, when the need it.
Lord, may the body of Christ unite and respond to clearly demonstrate the love of Christ through each gift and act of service. We pray for families that have been impacted (Ephesians 1:17-19), for the Church to fulfill her purpose (Ephesians 3:16-19), and for revival (2 Chronicles 7:14).
This page will be updated as we have new information so check back periodically.