Prayer at Carmel
At Carmel, there are a number of different ways to get involved in prayer ministry. First, is through your Discipleship Community. These communities meet weekly for fellowship, Bible study, prayer and mission. In addition to this, we have the following prayer opportunities:
Go to our Prayer Wall to make a prayer request or to pray for the prayer needs of others.
Pray the Carmel Vision
Click HERE for some prayer points under each of the three strategy areas for carrying out the mission of, “Making disciples of those Nearest, our Neighbors, and the Nations.”
Church Prayer Gatherings
- Wednesday VISTA Bible Study in the Loft at 6:15pm
- Sundays at 5:00pm in Church Family Member homes. Please contact Charles Cranford for specific details.
- Daughters of the King Prayer Gathering. All women of Carmel are invited to join together for regular, informal prayer gatherings. We provide a weekly morning gathering and a monthly evening gather. Click here for details.
- Elder Prayer - 1st Sunday of each month. The Elders and their wives are available the first Sunday of each month, in the Prayer Room,next to the Carmel Room, between services to pray for you.
Prayer Walks - The Carmel Mile and Prayer Path
At Carmel, we desire to Love and Serve our Neighbors. One way we do that is through prayer. The Carmel Mile is a one-mile trail around the perimeter of our campus designed to guide an individual or group in specific prayer for our Neighbors. Our current prayer focus for the Carmel Mile is the Town of Matthews. Follow the trail and markers designated by the green path below to each sign. As we are currently praying for the Town of Matthews, each sign features a piece of town history and suggested prayer points and actions plans.
- Wear your walking or hiking shoes and gather with the Carmel Family on Saturday, May 2 at 10:00am as we officially open the Carmel Mile with a ribbon cutting and prayer walk. Plan to attend? Let us know by REGISTERING HERE.
The Carmel Mile connects to the shorter Prayer Path, designated by the orange line on the map, and has six prayer posts that guide the walker to pray for Carmel’s mission and ministries.
Pray for Missions
1. Short Term Mission Teams: Carmel creates special prayer teams to support each of our short term missions teams. If you would like to get involved in one of these prayer teams, email Donna Hurst at .
2. Carmel Missionaries: Carmel both financially and prayerfully supports many missionaries around the world that have headed God's call in to full-time missions work. Please pray for our Carmel Missionaries.
3. Pray for Pregnancy Resource Center, one of Carmel's Local Mission Partners, using this 31 Day Prayer Calendar.
- Carmel Family Prayer List: A list of prayer requests for Carmel Members and their families. Hard copies of this list are available at the Welcome Desks.
- Prayer Resources: Other web sites and articles giving valuable information for prayer.
- Thoughts on Prayer: A place to begin if you are new to prayer or want some insights on "What is Prayer?".
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation,
by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7
"Pray continually..." I Thessalonians 5:17