Homeless... what images does this word conjure up for you?
But what does homelessness actually look like in Charlotte? Homelessness is complex - there is not one cause, not one story and can impact anyone. It is messy and often hidden. BUT it is real and impacting thousands of our neighbors. As Christ followers, we have a biblical mandate to care for those living in poverty. Even though multiple groups are working there is an important role for the church.
Learn more about our partnerships in this video. We invite you to be a part of what God is doing in our community for our neighbors who are at risk for, or experiencing, homelessness. And we challenge you to do this with your time and not just your resources. Investing in relationships is one of the most powerful decisions we can make and we encourage you to make that investment.
- Host a neighborhood furniture drive for Beds for Kids.
- Donate new pillows, sheets, blankets and light bulbs.
- Collect items for welcome home baskets.
- Make more blessing bags to keep in your cars.
- Lead a beautification, organizing, or cleaning project at Beds for Kids, Dove's Nest, Charlotte Family Housing or Love INC.
- Teens & Adults can sign up to deliver furniture through Beds for Kids during the week.
Family & Group Fun:
- Held once a month every second Friday, groups may choose to host movies and snacks, games or craft activities for families at Charlotte Family Housing.
- Choose a Saturday OR Sunday on the first and third weekend of the month to host an ice cream social, birthday party, barbecue and basketball or any family-focused event at Charlotte Family Housing.
- Be a part of a Hope or Care Team, encouraging and mentoring individuals and families overcoming poverty in our city.
- Share a monthly meal with the residents at Rebound or Dove's Nest while encouraging them on their journey to recovery.
- Invest in children while allowing their moms to participate in parent workshops or support groups, while residing at Dove's Nest or Charlotte Family Housing.