The Media Center is a resource that provides up-to-date materials for the Carmel Family, Carmel Christian School, WEE School and the community. All are welcome to check out our books and other materials for personal use. Our media center is a community outreach; therefore, both members and nonmembers may borrow items. Simply apply for free membership at the Circulation Desk.
Click here to access the media center online catalog.
- 8:00 - 9:00am Open Browsing
- 9:00am - 3:00pm Carmel Christian School Library Hours
- 3:00 - 3:30pm Open Browsing
- Wednesday nights during Midweek, from 5:45 - 7:45pm
- Sunday mornings from 9:00am - 12:45pm
Note: Our basic policy is to not turn away patrons that we can assist just on the hours alone. If it is not an optimum time to assist a patron, we'll let them know when a better time would be. (i.e. when a class ends, etc)
Books and Resources
While we strongly purchase and make Christian authors and resources available, not all books and resources in the Carmel Media Center are Christian authors or based specifically. Our policy is of "read and redeem". Some books may contain mild language or situations that teachers and parents need to guide their student in understanding. Our Carmel Christian teachers and Carmel Media Staff are experts at assisting students find just the right book while consistently teaching them the Gospel and how to read and see items from a Biblical worldview. Patrons may voice their thoughts on a particular item through a form in our Collection and Review Policy.
- Resources - books, audiobooks, DVDs, charging stations for electronic devices while in library, research assistance, online catalog
- An online catalog which allows patrons to search for, reserve and renew books from home, work or a mobile device
- A variety of fiction and nonfiction books, Christian literature, magazines and videos/DVDs for children and youth.
- Christian fiction, including many popular series, Christian literature and audio books, DVDs, and Bible study materials for adults.
- Sermons of some past series are available for checkout. NOTE: CDs are no longer being produced but video is available online.
- Milestones Bookstore - books available at cost for less than publishers price.
- Used books are available for purchase.
- Parents of CCS or WEE School Student - may have a media center account, 7 item (book, audiobook, fiction, dvd, etc) check out 14 days
Parent time to check out and connect with other parents in the morning during the 8:00 - 9:00am Open Browsing time. WEE School age-appropriate educational centers (i.e. coloring, magna tiles, building blocks) and placed out for parents and children usage.
- Materials may be checked for two weeks with a maximum of 7 items per person.
- Teachers (including homeschool teachers) may apply for extended limits for certain items.
- Materials may be renewed for an additional period unless there is a waiting list for the item.
- Fines for overdue materials will be assessed as follows:
- Books/magazines - 10 cents per week
- Audiovisual materials - 50 cents per week
- An account will be blocked if a balance of $5 or more is due
- Credit Cards are accepted
- Please return all items as promptly as possible when you have finished with them so that others may use them. There is a return box located outside the Media Center doors.
Donations of all kinds are gladly accepted. While not all donations can be added to the collection, we will attempt to find the best home for every donated item.