"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF." - Jesus
LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR:
To be a disciple of Jesus requires a personal commitment to both the Great Commandments and Great Commission, which call all Christians to love their neighbors and make disciples.
SERVE YOUR NEIGHBOR:
Just as Jesus did not come to be served, but to serve, Carmel is called to serve our neighbors.
HOW CAN I LOVE & SERVE MY NEIGHBORS?
There are a variety of practical ways for you to love and serve your neighbors. Below is a list that includes websites, resources, articles and books that can help equip you in your efforts to connect with your neighbors.
Articles & Tools
- Moving to the Front Yard: The Art of Neighboring
- Christian Hospitality
- How to make your home a center for discipleship and ministry
- Art of Neighboring Block Party Kit
- Neighborly Days: Stories to Encourage
- The Neighboring Movement: A Simple, Radical Idea
- NEW for 2014! Neighbors & Halloween