Preschool Parent Resources
The preschool ministry lays the foundation for the beginning of a child’s spiritual journey. We take this responsibility seriously. We maximize the time we have with your preschooler on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings by providing a wide variety of biblical based activities for children.
In the Preschool years, parents should focus on...
1. Building trust with their child: When a child learns to trust their caregivers whom they can see, it becomes a natural thing for them to transfer that trust to a God they cannot see.
2. Establishing good spiritual habits
- Attend church regularly
- Establish bedtime routine of blessing and Bible story
- Establish a regular family devotion time (start with 1 time a week)
3. Reading basic foundational Bible stories
4. Capturing God moments: These are informal moments where God is working in the life of your child. Use these moments to point them to Christ.
Here at Carmel...
Each week, preschoolers (2 and older) take home numerous crafts and activities that they have worked on. Preschoolers learn by doing. When they are part of the process, they can better remember the concepts taught. The work they bring home is also intended to initiate conversation between parent and child. It allows you to ask questions about the things they have learned. Even at these early ages, our intent is not just to provide information. You will often find we have talked about life application skills and virtues (obedience, helpfulness, thankfulness, sharing). As parents, you can help them find ways to live these concepts out in their little lives.
Milestone 1: Parent/Child Dedication
Because we want to equip parents as primary disciple makers, we have created a pathway for the beginning of Life in Christ that includes the following 6 Milestones. The first milestone is Parent/Child Dedication - understanding your role as the primary disciple maker for your children and family. For more information and to register, click here.
Carmel Baptist MOPs (Mothers of Preschoolers)
MOPs is Mothers of Preschoolers. We are a group of moms who encourage, equip and develop one another to realize our potential as women, mothers and leaders in the name of Jesus Christ.
MOPs helps mom build encouraging relationships in a local group of moms. All moms who have children ages birth thru completed kindergarten are welcome! We enjoy fellowship, food, a craft activity and a special speaker on topics relevant to preschool moms.
For more information:
- Call the preschool office at 704-849-9723 option 1
- Check out our facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/CarmelBaptistChurchMoPs
Questions about Carmel's Preschool Ministry? Call the our office at 704-849-9723 option 1.