Media Center & Resources
Media Center Resources for use by WEE School Families
- 8:00 - 9:00am Open Browsing
- 9:00am - 3:00pm Carmel Christian School Library Hours
- 3:00 - 3:30pm Open Browsing
- Wednesday nights during Midweek, from 5:45 - 7:45pm
- Sunday mornings from 9:00am - 12:45pm
Note: Our basic policy is to not turn away patrons that we can assist just on the hours alone. If it is not an optimum time to assist a patron, we'll let them know when a better time would be. (i.e. when a class ends, etc).
WEE School Parents/Students
- WEE School Parent Time from 8:00 - 9:00am: check out and connect with other parents in the morning.
- WEE School age-appropriate educational centers (i.e. coloring, magna tiles, building blocks) and placed out for parents and children usage.
- WEE School Student Account: student may have a media center account, 7 item (book, audiobook, fiction, dvd, etc) check out 14 days.
Books and Resources
While we strongly purchase and make Christian authors and resources available, not all books and resources in the Carmel Media Center are Christian authors or based specifically. Our policy is "read and redeem". Some books may contain mild language or situations that teachers and parents need to guide their child in understanding. Patrons may voice their thoughts on a particular item through a form in our Collection and Review Policy.
- Resources - books, audiobooks, DVDs, charging stations for electronic devices while in library, research assistance, online catalog
- An online catalog which allows patrons to search for, reserve and renew books from home, work or a mobile device
- A variety of fiction and nonfiction books, Christian literature, magazines and videos/DVDs for children and youth.
- Christian fiction, including many popular series, Christian literature and audio books, DVDs, and Bible study materials for adults.
- Sermons of some past series are available for checkout. NOTE: CDs are no longer being produced but video is available online.
- Milestones Bookstore - books available at cost for less than publishers price.
- Used books are available for purchase.
- Materials may be checked for two weeks with a maximum of 7 items per person.
- Materials may be renewed for an additional period unless there is a waiting list for the item.
- Fines for overdue materials will be assessed as follows:
- Books/magazines - 10 cents per week
- Audiovisual materials - 50 cents per week
- An account will be blocked if a balance of $5 or more is due
- Credit Cards are accepted
- Please return all items as promptly as possible when you have finished with them so that others may use them. There is a return box located outside the Media Center doors.
For more information about the Carmel Media Center, please stop by for a visit.