All students grades 7-12 are welcome to apply. Please take time to pray and read through the team descriptions and requirements below before applying. If you have any questions contact Ryan Jackson at
To apply for SL, click here and fill out the online application.
Description of Student Leadership
The purpose of Student Leadership is to develop ownership by participating in ministry areas, discovering giftedness, find their place of service, to be invested in by others and to deepen their faith in Christ. Student Leadership Teams include the following:
- Greeting Team:The Greeter Team will be the warm and welcoming face of Student Ministry. If you're great at making friends, smiling, connection with others, and making others feel welcome, this could be a great place for you to serve.
- Backstage Team: The Backstage Team is for those who love to be behind the scenes. These teams will serve through setup, teardown, and audio-visual.
- Variety Team: The Variety Team will play an important role during MDWK Worship and special events. Students on this team will help run games, create fun videos, interview others on-stage, make announcements, lead large group activities, etc..
- CSTV Team: The CSTV Team is responsible for weekly announcement videos that promote all student ministry activities in DC. These videos are shot on Wednesday afternoons before midweek. Students on this team need to be comfortable in front of a camera and have a desire to film and edit video.
- Social Media Team: The Social Media team is responsible for taking pictures and videos at student ministry events. Students on this team need to have a giftedness in taking pictures, filming, and creating appropriate content for Carmel Students’ social media accounts. The requirements for this team vary upon when student ministry events are held. The team will be responsible for promoting future and recapping past events on our student ministry social media platforms.
- DC Leaders: A DC Leader position is for 11th-12th grade students that desire to lead a MS DC Small Group on Sunday morning.
- We are prayerfully asking God to lead us as we go through the applications to place students in the various leadership positions. Please understand that not everyone that applies will be selected.
Requirements for Student Leadership:
- A heart for students and their spiritual growth in Christ.
- Committed to the mission, vision, strategy, and core values of Carmel and Student Ministry.
- Seeks to grow in knowledge of the Bible and a personal relationship with God.
- Models the disciplines of the Christian life.
- Actively part of your Discipleship Community group.
- Spiritual gifts and abilities related to the serving position.
- Flexible | Available | Teachable
- Members of Student Leadership will be invested into with leadership trainings on Wednesdays during the school year from 6:00-6:15pm.
Student Leadership Team Retreat will be Saturday, August 24th from 9am-9pm @Ryan's house.