Sunday Small Groups
Each Sunday 7th-12th grade students gather for Small Groups in the Student Center at either 9:30 or 11:00am. We hang out, break into grade-based classrooms and small groups to dive into God's Word. We invite you to develop friendships and build community by studying God’s Word.
The purpose of Sunday Morning is to disciple students through engaging and interactive small groups centered on God’s Word.
MAIN GOALS OF Small Group
- Scripture-Based Teaching and Discussion
- Dependent Prayer
- Intentionally Partner with Parents
- 9:30 / 11:00 - Hang out
- 9:35 / 11:05 - Welcome and Move to Grade-Based Classrooms
- 9:45 / 11:15 - Announcements
- 9:50 / 11:20 - Lesson Introduction
- 10:00 / 11:30 - DC Small Groups
- 10:40 / 12:10 - Closing Prayer
At Carmel we have defined a disciple as a follower of Christ in learning and living. All Small Group content focused on helping students to grow in the knowledge of the Lord and inspire them to daily live out an authentic faith. Bible study content is grade-based and relevant to where students are along the Milestone Path. Read more about the Milestone Path here.
We invite you to journey together through studying God’s Word in a transparent environment.
WHEN: NAV groups meet on Sunday nights from 6:30 - 8:00pm. Groups and studies are semester-based.
Fall 2020 - Sign Up Begins TBD
WHAT: Weekly personal study of scripture using the study booklet we’ll provide. Weekly gathering for fellowship and discussion with your small group. Sunday Nights this Fall:
- High School students will study the book of Hebrews
- Middle School students will study the book of John
WHY: We created NAV to help you discover for yourself what God says and how to interpret God’s Word on your own. Your questions, ideas, and thoughts will drive your group’s discussion each week.
WHERE: Groups are divided by middle school (7th - 8th grade) and high school (9th - 12th) and by gender. Middle school groups meet at the church in the Student Center and high school groups meet in homes.
We ask all students who sign up for NAV to commit to the following:
- Attend the study on a regular basis (we ask them not to commit if they know they will miss more than two out of the ten nights).
- Complete the study of Scripture ahead of time each week.
Contact our Student Discipleship Minister, Sophia Garrison, if you have any questions about NAV.