Talk to Your Kids
HOW DO YOU TALK TO YOUR KIDS ABOUT A CRISIS LIKE THIS?
- Ultimately, your response to the situation will affect their response - anxious or calm.
- Let them PLAY A LOT, especially for younger children. Playing will allows them to release stress and helps them figure out solutions to how they are feeling.
- For tips on this and other parenting issues, Parent Cue has lots of resources available to you!
- Watch this video from Wendy Skenderi, Carmel's Care and Counseling Minister.
- Professional Medical Academies/Organizations:
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network: Parent/Caregiver Guide to Helping Families Cope With the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- National Association of School Psychologists: Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus) - A Parent Resource
- CDC: Talking with children about Coronavirus Disease 2019: Messages for parents, school staff, and others working with children