This song speaks very clearly of the gospel message about the incarnation of Jesus. Incarnation means, "God in flesh". Pastor Alex walked us through Luke 2:8-14, which is the announcement by the angels of the birth of the Christ-child. "And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!'"
The incarnation of God shows us:
1. God is a loving God - there was intentionality in His plan to send Jesus for us
2. God is generous - John 3:16 shows us that he "gave His only son..."
3. God is trustworthy - He did what He said that He was going to do.
As ones who are filled with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, we should look like God to those around us.
To Discuss Today:
1. Charles Wesley used his gifts to bring joy and understanding of the incarnation to those for centuries to come! What
2. What is the danger of misunderstanding of who Christ is? How can one heresy affect the faith of many?
3. If a group of three people who claim to be Jehovah's Witnesses comes to your door today, what is one challenge you could offer them about the pre-existence of Christ? (Hint- see Hebrews 1:2)
Carols in Your Neighborhood
Next week each family will receive a Carmel Carols packet. This resource will encourage you to continue reaching out to your neighbors by singing Christmas carols on your street. We want you to invite 1-2 families to join you in singing songs about Christ and inviting neighbors to join you for a moment of connection, maybe involving hot chocolate at your home.