The gospel was mentioned to us in Genesis 3:15 and again in Isaiah 52:7. In order to be able to share the gospel with someone, you must A. Know what it is... B. Be gripped by it...and C. say something. As Paul said in Romans 1:16, "For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes..."
The gospel story consists of:
God - He is Holy. He is the creator, sustainer, and His existence gives meaning to ours.
Man - We are sinful, and in our sin are the object of wrath and an enemy of the cross. We are sinners in need of a Savior, and we cannot fix that sin.
Christ - He is the substitutionary sacrifice for what we deserve. He is the incarnate Son of God. Without the shedding of blood, there can be no forgiveness of sin.
Response - We must have faith and repent of our sins to truly live in the "Good News" of the gospel.
1. Who made us and to whom are we accountable?
2. What is our problem?
3. What is God's solution to the problem?
4. How can I be included in that solution?
A Practical tip:
Know the Word, let the Holy Spirit lead you, and be a good listener.
To Discuss Today
1. When was the last time you shared the gospel with a friend?
2. What keeps you from sharing your faith with someone?
3. Who around you needs to know the saving grace of the gospel? Will you tell them? Remember, the gospel is our ONLY HOPE.