Get Started with JOY Ministry
The Joy Ministry seeks to advance Carmel’s mission of making disciples by welcoming, including, supporting, and equipping people with special needs and their parents or caregivers to live an ABLE life. Ready to get connected!? We are too!
Please review the steps below and complete the JOY Ministry Participant form so we can reach out to your family. We can't wait to meet you.
Step 1 - Complete Participant Form
- A parent or legal caregiver would complete the form below with basic information.
- Our Special Needs Pastor would receive the form and make contact with the family within five days.
Please complete the form below prior to your arrival so we are ready to serve you and your family!
Step 2 - Invited for a "Come and see" opportunity
- The student can observe and/or participate in activities.
- A parent or caregiver must remain with the student during this opportunity.
- This opportunity may span multiple weeks.
- During this time, the parent/caregiver would complete a ministry questionnaire.
Step 3 - Conversation with Special Needs Leadership Team
- The parent or caregiver would schedule a time for conversation with someone on the Special Needs Leadership Team.
- The purpose of this one hour session would be to begin building a relationship and gain more perspective on the student’s needs, habits, “triggers,” calming techniques, etc.
- A plan would be presented by and agreed upon by the Special Needs Leader and the parent(s)/caregiver.
If you would like more information about Carmel's Joy - Special Needs Ministry or any of the Sunday morning opportunities, please email Jeremy Amick, Special Needs Pastor.