What Serve Opportunities are Available?
Holiday Outreach Opportunities : Looking for a way to love our neighbors this Christmas season?
- Project 658's Christmas shop: A dignified way to help families this holiday season. Want to participate?
- Check out this Amazon Wish List!
- Purchase the item from Amazon (or another store)
- Return to Carmel no later than Friday, December 3 (Drop off in the bins by the "Neighbors" Wall in the Gathering Space)
- Winter Wonderland Respite Night with Joni and Friends: Respite Night is a time for families with children with special needs to have a few hours away while their child and their siblings are cared for, and engaged by Joni & Friends and other volunteers! Whether you are welcoming families, setting up activities, caring for siblings, or serving as a buddy, we have a place for you! Fun is guaranteed and training will be provided.
- WHEN: Saturday, December 4 from 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- WHERE: Morrison YMCA / Forest Hills Church Ballantyne campus
- VOLUNTEER: Click HERE to sign up
- Purchase Christmas gifts for our neighbors in need: this Amazon wishlist includes a variety of items needed for our ministry partners Carrington Place, Charlotte Rescue Mission and Dove's Nest.
- Click HERE for the list
- Purchase through Amazon and have the items sent directly to Carmel.
Charlotte Rescue Mission - Rebound: Connect with residents monthly though serving a meal and connecting around the table. Lots of encouragement can happen around a table! Opportunities for virtual and in person GED tutors, interview coaching, etc.
Charlotte Rescue Mission - Dove's Nest: Connect with residents monthly through meals, game times or Wednesday night bible study. Also have needs for volunteers to organize donations and greet visitors.
Changed Choices: Encourage a woman in prison or in the community post release through card writing, pen pals or mentorship.
Project 658: Support refugee and immigrant families through English classes, childcare, tutoring, and other family activities to encourage and equip.
- CMS Partner School: Merry Oaks & Lansdowne: Form relationships through tutoring at risk students (training provided), write cards of encouragement to tired teachers, meet unique needs such as snacks, clothes, and incentives for the schools throughout the year (Just ask neighbors ministry what the current need is!)
- Present Age Ministry: Join the fight to end human trafficking by becoming a trained advocacy or school prevention volunteer with Present Age Ministries. They are a trusted, Christ centered organization in the community that works closely with the legal and social service system to care for, and prevent human trafficking.
Caring for Vulnerable
Carrington Place: Serve Ice cream weekly on Saturdays or provide prayer and encouragement through a monthly devotion time with elderly residents on Saturday afternoons.
Congregations for Kids: Foster Parent Orientation 10/19 at 7pm via zoom. Learn about NC licensing course, the process to become foster parents and ask questions about the process with other believers in Charlotte. Click here to register. Also be on lookout for volunteer opportunities in December when Carmel hosts We See You event for Foster Care families and social workers.
QCPRC: Charlotte's QC PRC is still getting up and running in their new location, but opportunities are coming to mentor, encourage and meet needs of at-risk families in Charlotte. Stay tuned for more details!