Local Outreach Opportunities
Heart Math Tutoring kicks off its annual volunteer recruitment campaign to find tutors to support 1300 elementary students during the 2023/2024 school year. Please consider signing up to tutor (You can specifically sign up to tutor through one of our partner schools).
Want to know how to care for the Hidden and Forgotten in Charlotte?
Be sure to read Enews each week
That is where we will share the latest collection opportunity or volunteer need. In addition, glance at the list of ministry opportunities below. Some of these are great for individuals and families, and some are well suited for you to do with your small group.
Email the Carmel Neighbors Outreach Team
Email us at . Yes, we know that you will want to email the ministry directly. That makes sense. BUT, experience has shown that you're likely to get a quicker and more coordinated response if you start by emailing us. We can get you to the right person quickly, and even connect you with others from Carmel who are also serving!
What Opportunities are Available?
- Charlotte Rescue Mission - Rebound: Connect with residents monthly though serving a meal and connecting around the table. Lots of encouragement can happen around a table! Opportunities for virtual and in person GED tutors, interview coaching, etc.
- Charlotte Rescue Mission - Dove's Nest: Connect with residents monthly through meals or Wednesday night bible study. Also they have a need for volunteers to greet at their front desk, organize in their donation boutique, and tutoring (GED, Computer literacy, resume building, etc.).
- Changed Choices: Encourage a woman in prison or in the community post release through card writing, pen pals or mentorship.
- Project 658: Support refugee and immigrant families through English classes, childcare, tutoring, and other family activities to encourage and equip.
- CMS Partner School: Merry Oaks & Lansdowne: Form relationships through tutoring at risk students (training provided), write cards of encouragement to tired teachers, meet unique needs such as snacks, clothes, and incentives for the schools throughout the year (Just ask neighbors ministry for the current need!)
- Present Age Ministry: Join the fight to end human trafficking by becoming a trained advocacy or school prevention volunteer with Present Age Ministries. They are a trusted, Christ centered organization in the community that works closely with the legal and social service system to care for, and prevent human trafficking.
Caring for Vulnerable
- Carrington Place: Encourage residents through a monthly group devotion/Worship time on the first Sunday of each month or once a month assist with Bingo games.
- Congregations for Kids: In the greater Charlotte area, CFK equips and empowers the community to be champions for children, families and social workers in the foster care system. CFK has four simple pathways to help you become a champion for kids in foster care: Foster. Mentor. Serve. Give.
- QCPRC: Charlotte's QC PRC is still getting up and running in their new location, but opportunities are coming to mentor, encourage and meet needs of at-risk families in Charlotte. Stay tuned for more details!