The purpose of Student Leadership is to develop ownership by participating in ministry areas, discovering giftedness through serving in the Church, and being mentored by others and to deepen their faith in Christ. Student Leadership Teams include the following:
- Greeting Team: The Greeting Team will be the warm and welcoming face of Student Ministry. If you're great at noticing others, smiling, connecting, and making others feel welcome, this could be a great way to serve.
- Backstage Team: The Backstage Team is for those who love to be behind the scenes. This team will serve through setup, teardown, and audio-visual.
- Variety Team: The Variety Team will play an important role during MDWK Worship and special events through leading all things “upfront.” Students on this team will help run games, interview others on-stage, make announcements, lead large group activities, etc.
- CSTV Team: The CSTV Team is responsible for creating fun videos and weekly announcement videos that promote all student ministry activities. These videos are shot on Wednesday afternoons before midweek. Roles will include anchors, content creation, videographer, and editor. Team leader will act as the producer.
- MDWK Small Group Leader: Be present and engaged in MDWK to lead discussion with a small group of students during MDWK using questions provided by the student leadership team.
- Social Media Team: The Social Media team is responsible for developing and sharing content based on our “POST” strategy (Promote/Overview/Storytelling/Takeaway) for weekly student ministry activities and special events. Students on this team need to have a giftedness in taking pictures, filming, caption writing, and creating appropriate content for Carmel Students’ social media accounts.
We are prayerfully asking God to lead us as we go through the applications to place students in the various leadership positions. Please understand that not everyone that applies will be selected.
Requirements for Student Leadership:
Before applying please read through the general qualifications below and click here to think through our student leadership covenant.
- A heart for students and their spiritual growth in Christ.
- Committed to the mission, vision, strategy, and core values of Carmel and Student Ministry.
- Seeks to grow in knowledge of the Bible and a personal relationship with God.
- Models the disciplines of the Christian life.
- Actively part of your Student Ministry Discipleship opportunities.
- Spiritual gifts and abilities related to the serving position.
- Flexible | Available | Teachable
- Members of Student Leadership will be invested in through leadership meetings and trainings on Wednesdays during the school year from 6:00-6:15pm.
All students in 7th-12th grade are welcome to apply. Please take time to pray and read through the team descriptions and requirements below before applying. If you have any questions contact Jason Salyer at .