Survivor - 8th Grade Retreat
When: March 13, 2021
Who: 8th Grade Students (school year 2020-21)
Description and Details:
The shift from MS to HS is filled with pressure, stress, and demands from friends, teachers, coaches and parents who have expectations and difficult questions. During this weekend designed for 8th graders, there will be fun challenges, worship, survival tips and time to hang out with friends.
Survivor has become a huge highlight for students as they walk the Milestone Path through the Student Ministry and we want to do our best to make it happen for this 8th grade class as a one day discipleship opportunity here on our campus. I would like to invite your 8th grade student(s) to be a part of the Survivor, March 13.
The theme for our time together is loosely based on the TV reality show, “Survivor.” Students will be placed into tribes to take on challenges together, be equipped through teaching to live an authentic faith, engage in worship, and be encouraged by building community together.
Our time together will take place here on our campus at Carmel on Saturday, March 13, from 1:00pm-10:00pm. Here are some things to expect that day:
- We will meet inside and outside of the Student Center portion of the campus.
- Our worship and teaching times will be in the Student Auditorium.
- We pray it will be beautiful outside for our small groups and challenges. If not, we will utilize open gathering spaces and our gym for the challenges.
- We will be asking students to wear masks throughout the day.
- Carmel’s Health & Safety Precautions - We do ask that you click here and read and follow our health and safety precautions as you participate in our Survivor Saturday.
As the primary disciple-makers of your student, we want to help you lead your student through the Survivor experience and make a commitment to living with integrity. Plan to take part both of the following ways:
- Parent Training - Sunday, February 28 at 5:00pm on a Zoom call.
- Survivor Experience - Join us Saturday, March 13 from 7pm-10pm.
The cost of Survivor is $60.00 which includes dinner, activities, t-shirt, and a new soft leather Bible that you will get to give to your student as a gift after Survivor. You will be able to pick up your student’s Bible at the start of March.
Sharing the experience of Survivor with your student will be something that you don’t want to miss. Make sure to check out the highlight video from last year below. Space is limited, so register soon!
Check out this video from Survivor 2020!