the Pause: High School Retreat
When: November 20 - 21, 2020
We have some exciting news! We are moving forward with a plan that will allow us to have The Pause here on our campus November 20-21 and we are pumped!!!
Jesus teaches us that hitting pause is crucial to staying connected with God. Our time together will include intentional time with the Lord, equipping students live and proclaim the gospel, and building community. Also, be sure to check out the highlight video below from 2019.
Here are some details that will hopefully provide you some insight to help you as you make a decision to participate.
- The Pause is specifically for our 9th-12th grade students.
- Our time frame will be Friday, November 20 from 7:00-10:00pm and Saturday, November 21 from 1:00pm-10:00pm here on Carmel’s campus.
- We will meet inside and outside of the Student Center portion of the campus.
- Our worship and teaching times will be in the Student Auditorium and will follow our same setup as MDWK.
- We pray it will be beautiful outside for our small groups and group activities. If not, we will utilize open gathering spaces and our gyms.
- We will be asking students to wear masks inside of the building and during our activities. If small groups are able to meet outside and students space themselves appropriately they will be allowed to take their masks off during that time. Of course, a student is welcome to keep their mask on as well.
- Dinner on Saturday will be provided in individual boxes for the students.
- Even though this discipleship opportunity is right here at Carmel, we do ask that students fully participate in both Friday and Saturday.
- We do ask for students to stay in their own homes during the weekend and not make plans to go to one another’s homes to avoid any unnecessary risks.
- Carmel’s Health & Safety Precautions - We do ask that you click here and read and follow our healthy and safety precautions as you participate in our Pause weekend.
Again, we are excited to still have the opportunity to safely be together, and include as much of the retreat as we can here on our campus!
Registration & Paperwork Deadline:
- Registration is $50 and paperwork must be completed by November 5.