Summer Outreach Opportunities
Looking for a way to connect this summer and build new relationships?
Consider one of our Charlotte Ministry Opportunities!
- Project 658
- Connect with immigrant and refugee children living in East Charlotte through an innovative summer camp! Help with storytime, literacy practice, soccer or an art project at one of two locations. There are needs every Tuesday and Wednesday, 9am -1pm, during the weeks of June 14-July 1st and July 12-July 29th. Serve daily, weekly or biweekly!
- Help with Back to School Day at Project 658's main campus on July 28th.
- Dove's Nest (CRM)
- Connect with women overcoming addiction through serving a meal and visiting with them and their children. Must be 16+ to serve at their West Charlotte location, M- F, 10:30am - 12:30pm.
- Co-facilitate a Bible study with new believers at the West Charlotte campus each Wednesday night. Must be 18 or older and there is a minimum commitment.
- Provide Literacy or GED tutoring virtually on Tuesday or Thursday evenings from 6pm-8pm. Must be 18+ and there is a minimum commitment.
- Rebound (CRM)
- Connect with men overcoming addiction through serving a meal and encouraging conversations. Serve at their uptown location, M- F, 10:30 - 12:30.
- Provide GED tutoring virtually, available M-F 1:00pm-1:45pm. Must be 18+ and there is a minimum commitment.
- Joni & Friends Family Camps- serving families with special needs.
- Short-term missionaries, age 16 and older, are needed this summer to serve at Bonclarken Camp in the mountains of NC. Camp runs August 1-6 and August 9-13. No experience necessary, training provided, application required.
- Congregations for Kids
- Consider taking some time this summer to get to know a DSS social worker! Through the SocialLite program, you can get to know, pray for and encourage a Family Services social worker who provides direct advocacy and support for children in foster care. Can be done in person or virtually.